From: "Dave Adams" <davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Concrete dobies
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:32:56 -0700

Hello list,

Is anyone aware of reports or testing of concrete foundation members
where reinforcing has been raised above the soil by dobies?  It's done
all the time and I've never really given it much thought, but it sure
seems like they provide a nice little path for moisture to infiltrate
and corrode the reinforcing steel since they seem to essentially become
"block-outs" in the member.

Any thoughts?  W.A.G.'s?

Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
Tulare, CA
E-mail:  davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com