Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
heritage bldg roof[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: heritage bldg roof
- From: "Andrew Kester, PE" <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:52:13 -0400
Sounds like you are on top of things and doing pretty standard practice. Usually the simplest solution is the best and most economical. I would not feel too good walking away from those types of cracks in the roof, putting steel underneath and supporting the slab at mid span sounds like a very good plan. You will be halfing the span which will reduce the slab deflection by 1/4, not to mention the allowable slab load. I would think that adding slab to the top may be overkill, but I have not seen pics or with my own eyes, sometimes that makes a totally different impression.
Andrew Kester, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant
Lake Mary, FL
- Prev by Subject: RE: HELP! Once again - City Business License issue
- Next by Subject: heritage building
- Previous by thread: RE: Concrete dobies (Harold)
- Next by thread: "The weakest link"