From: Kyle Delabar [mailto:kadelabar(--nospam--at)lvta.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:04 AM
To: seaint
Subject: Deflection Limits for Floor Plates

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a rule of thumb for deflection limits for floor plate for an industrial type of application - such as equipment access?   AISC 13th Ed. uses a serviceability deflection limit for floor plate of L/100 as shown in Table 3-18.  Is this a commonly used limit or do most designers modify it to be more stringent?

Thanks,

Kyle DeLabar, EIT