Re: CALIFORNIA: What are these references?

The answer is BOTH; 2001 California Building Code (CBC) and the 1997 Uniform Building Code (UBC).

16I - Seismic Zone Factor Z
16Q- Seismic Coefficient Ca
16R - Seismic Coefficient Cv

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
04/26/2006 02:37 PM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
CALIFORNIA: What are these references?

I have a table of design values for structural design for a site in
Northern California. The tables refer to Seismic Zone Factor from "Table
16I," and Seismic Cooefficients from Tables 16Q and 16R.

In what publication do these tables appear? CBC/UBC '97? Or some other?

Thanks.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Senior Associate
mailto:bpolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com
WJE
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Engineers I Architects I Material Scientists
10235 West Little York, Suite 245
Houston, Texas 77040
P: 832-467-2177 F: 832-467-2178
http://www <blocked::http://www/> .wje.com