Chloride contamination in fine aggregate

I deal with concrete suppliers who use dredged sea sand for batching, and I
need to specify a standard method for washing this sand prior to use in
order to minimize chloride contamination in the resulting product.  I also
need to know my options for standardized test procedures to ensure that the
sand is adequately washed prior to use.

I know that there are standards for testing soluble chloride content in
concrete, but I am looking to make sure that the sea sand doesn't introduce
the chrlorides in the first place.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Regards,

Terangue *Tiger* Gillham, PE
GK2, Inc.
PO Box 8061, Koror, Palau 96940
Phone: (680) 488-7282 office
             779-6051 cellular
tiger(--nospam--at)palaunet.com <mailto:tiger(--nospam--at)palaunet.com>