Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 3:42 PM
Subject: Rolled Beam Header in Silo

I would appreciate suggestions regarding the design of rolled beam headers for openings in steel silos.  The header will be a horizontally curved member that is loaded out of plane.  How does one accommodate the significant torsion that results from the curvature?

Thank you,

Structural Engineering Services, P.A.

Clint Strain, P.E.

1017 S. Tennessee

Chanute, KS  66720

Cell: 620-212-3531

Tel:  620-431-7699

Fax: 620-431-0569

E-Mail: cstrain(--nospam--at)cableone.net