Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2006 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: elevator support / walls requirements

I believe walls do not provide hardly any support for an elevator. The support is all from above or below in the case of hydraulic elevators.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:17:05 -0700 (PDT) jerold taylor <jerold_taylor(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> writes:
I have been asked to evaluate some walls that support an elevator for an industrial client.

Are their specific codes (aside from IBC) that are typically used for elevator's design criteria?

Are there any guides / reference materials likewise you could recommend?

TIA