Re: New York Code Appendix K

Thanks to those of you who contacted me directly about the remodel/rehab codes.  I am left with just two specific questions pertaining to New York State -

Is there a criteria by which the building would need to be checked for lateral wind loading?  This building is well inland in Exposure Category B, so I am guessing that it would not need a lateral analysis.  There is no work being done to the exterior, or to the existing lateral force system (what little bit of it there is.)

Would the roof be required to be checked for current snow loads?  There is no work being done to the roof, so I am hoping that it does not need to be re-analzed.

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA