Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
T1-11 siding[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: T1-11 siding
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com>
- Date: 01 May 2006 11:17:29 -0700
- Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:16:51 -0700
I just received plans to do some minor upgrades to an existing home. The contractor who sent me the plans indicates that they are going to place stucco over existing T1-11 exterior siding on the upper level two levels of the residence as one part of the modifications. I know there are some drawbacks with T1-11 that are escaping me at this point, but IIRC, they are likely due to exposure to the weather. I realize that the increased weight of the stucco (10 psf) to the walls will increase the seismic load, but I don’t think by that much. The home was built to the 1973 UBC.
I’m hoping someone can direct me to some information or can share their thoughts on:
I’m just in the proposal phase at this point, and don’t have much except a few pictures and the original plans. It was 5/8” T1-11, can’t seem to find any nail spacings on the drawings.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Sx in Tables 3-2 of New Steel Construction Manual ???
- Next by Subject: T1-11 siding
- Previous by thread: RE: CA Exam Requirements in '07
- Next by thread: Re: T1-11 siding