From: Robert Freeman <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Mon, 1 May 2006 12:01:42 -0700
Subject: T1-11 siding

Hi Gerard:

Our office has used T1-11 plywood for seismic.  The grooves in the plywood reduce the thickness.  The net (not gross) thickness can be used with the code shear wall schedules to design seismic elements.

I'm guessing it was installed originally as siding, not as a seismic resisting element.

The typical items would be a concern, including:
    1.  Uplift.
    2.  Shear flow transfer path
    3.  Posts for holddowns
    4.  Footing adequacies for concentrated uplift                 loads.
    5.  New nailing to meet current seismic code requirements.
    6.  Large washer requirements for anchor bolts at the existing sill plates on concrete.
    7.  Adequacies of roof diaphragm and floor diaphragm.
    8.  Seismic load drag members.

Other than that, no problem.

With Joy and Hope,
Integrated Design Services, Inc.