Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Shearwall Foundation (max. flex. bending)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Shearwall Foundation (max. flex. bending)
- From: "Casey K. Hemmatyar" <khemmatyar(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 14:37:43 -0700
I'd like to know what would you do in order to find the location of the maximum flexural bending in the footing of a concrete shearwall.
Click her to see the figure: http://h1.ripway.com/SEAINT/Shearwall_FDN.pdf
As an approximation, one can assume that this location is under line B (under the edge of the shearwall).
But in reality, depending on the wall and foundation characteristics, this location can be anywhere between lines B and C (under the shearwall) which can be calculated.
In order to calculate this location, you need to check the flexural bending in various sections under the wall and pick the max.
Thanks in advance
Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar, PE
- Prev by Subject: Re: shear connection in BS
- Next by Subject: RE: Shearwall Foundation (max. flex. bending)
- Previous by thread: Re: Lag Bolts
- Next by thread: RE: Shearwall Foundation (max. flex. bending)