From: Wontae Kim
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 1:32 PM
Subject: Machine vs. Human

Hi!

When do you think that  ?machines? will replace human being?s works?

I am working in the precast concrete industry.

Recently I noticed some engineers and companies had been developing softwares,

 which may change whole construction business environments.

Many people believe  these programs, using 3-D model,  generate all shop drawings (drafting and checking)

including  engineering design/calculation, and BOMs, when required data are entered.

When do you think that this ?holistic? system is possible?

How much do you think these efforts have been accomplished?

PS: Personally I would like to hear those who are very familiar with European construction market,

because I believe this is happening in Europe first, if this is possible in near future.

Thanks!

-wontae