Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 1969 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: Lag Bolts

On May 4, 2006, at 3:15 PM, S. Gordin wrote:

> Similarly, those bolts were used in coaches - hence another name for
> them - coach bolts/screws.
I think you're referring to carriage bolts, nothing much like lag
screws. Carriage bolts have a rectangular section under the head which
mashes into wood so the bolt won't turn and disengage. Lag screws are
basically a type of wood screw.
Christopher Wright P.E.    |"They couldn't hit an elephant at
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com       | this distance"   (last words of Gen.
____________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org