Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Moments in wood structures[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Moments in wood structures
- From: "Chance, Acie" <AChance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org>
- Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 13:41:24 -0700
Title: Moments in wood structures
A city engineer told a client that he would sign off on a patio with Simpson CB at the bottom and Simpson CC at the top of six wood columns. Patio is 20' X 40' with two rows of three columns. Wood beams connect the six columns. As there are no shear walls or braces at least one of these connections, top or bottom must be moment resistant. I have not been able to find any EER or other data showing these connections will take moment. If any one know of any information this hardware making moment connections in wood share it with me.
Acie P. Chance
- Prev by Subject: RE: Moment of Gyration
- Next by Subject: RE: Moments in wood structures
- Previous by thread: RE: VE
- Next by thread: RE: Moments in wood structures