Re: Moments in wood structures

Good luck.

At 01:41 PM 5/8/2006, you wrote:

List

     A city engineer told a client that he would sign off on a patio with Simpson CB at the bottom and Simpson CC at the top of six wood columns.  Patio is 20' X 40' with two rows of three columns. Wood beams connect the six columns.   As there are no shear walls or braces at least one of these connections, top or bottom must be moment resistant.  I have not been able to find any EER or other data showing these connections will take moment.  If any one know of any information this hardware making moment connections in wood share it with me.

Thanks
Acie P. Chance