Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Deck Indentations

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

What you have, sir, is called “composite metal deck”


Manufacturer’s specifications can be found at sites like:




David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Director

Cape Cod Grand Cayman Holdings Ltd. - Cayman

Fisher+Partners Structural Engineers - Cayman


372 West Ontario Chicago 60610

75 Fort Street Georgetown Grand Cayman BWI

319 A Street Boston 02210



312.573.1726 facsimile

312.622.0409 mobile


From: Sunil Thengale [mailto:Sunil_Thengale(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:25 AM
To: seaint-ad(--nospam--at); seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Deck Indentations


We have a deck profile 75 mm deep with oval shaped indentation/embossments 3mm deep at regular intervals for developing friction between Concrete and Deck. Can anyone provide me some guidance / reference etc., regarding the percentage of area of such embossments?


Sunil Thengale,