Re: Curved Shear Wall

Hi, Yi Yang,

By your name, I guess you are a Chinese. If so, give me a reply. I am a Chinese and a structural engineer working in new york for years.
Your question is an interesting one. My thinking is to find the shear center of the curved shear wall. I guess this wall will work with other walls also. so the shear wall is part of the shear resistant system of the building. If it is a low rise building. I have some thing for you.

Wayne Du (Du, Wei)

Yi Yang <YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com> wrote:
Can anyone point me to some references for curved plywood shear wall design?

Thanks.

Y i   Y a n g,   S. E.
STRUCTURAL DIVISION
SUMMIT ENGINEERING INC.