RE: Diaphragm ratio for rigid diaphragm

That’s pretty much what I had come up with prior to my post.  It’s not a real big deal.  There was enough of the front wall (at the openings) that I could make it work either way.  I checked the back wall using the rotation and the front “piers” using tributary wind loads.  Lots of masonry everywhere, kind of a bunker.  Anyway, an interesting question, is there some width to depth ratio restraints to a rigid diaphragm?  Not that I’ve seen.

But, I do thank you for your reply!

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.