Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: weld symbol

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]



Isn’t this called a “puddle weld” and is 5/8” diameter and requires a weld washer?

Assuming its not a stud weld, of course…




David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Director


Cape Cod Grand Cayman Holdings Ltd. - Cayman

Fisher+Partners Structural Engineers Ltd. - Cayman

372 West Ontario Chicago 60610

75 Fort Street Georgetown Grand Cayman BWI

319 A Street Boston 02210




312.573.1726 facsimile

312.622.0409 mobile





From: Joe Grill [mailto:jgrill(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:06 PM
To: seaint
Subject: weld symbol


What is the correct weld symbol for a ½” dia. spot weld used to attach metal deck to a steel support.  Is it the same as a plug or slot weld?  I think the rectangular symbol at the horizontal line at the symbol and a note at the tail giving the diameter and spacing.  I can’t find this information.


Any help?


Thanks Joe


Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.

Civil Engineering and Surveying

P.O. Box 3924

Sedona, AZ  86340

PHONE (928) 282-1061

FAX (928) 282-2058