Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: weld symbol

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
See item 3-29 on this webpage...

From: Joe Grill [mailto:jgrill(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:06
To: seaint
Subject: weld symbol

What is the correct weld symbol for a ½? dia. spot weld used to attach metal deck to a steel support.  Is it the same as a plug or slot weld?  I think the rectangular symbol at the horizontal line at the symbol and a note at the tail giving the diameter and spacing.  I can?t find this information.


Any help?


Thanks Joe


Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.

Civil Engineering and Surveying

P.O. Box 3924

Sedona, AZ  86340

PHONE (928) 282-1061

FAX (928) 282-2058