Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: weld symbol

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]


If you picture a typical fillet weld symbol, it would be the same thing except instead of a triangle you would show a circle.  The size of the weld, 1/2 inch in your case, would go to the left of the circle and the spacing, if any, would go to the right of the circle.  If you search the web for "arc spot weld symbol" you will probably find several examples.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.

"Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)>
05/10/2006 10:06 AM
Please respond to seaint
"seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)>
weld symbol

What is the correct weld symbol for a ½” dia. spot weld used to attach metal deck to a steel support.  Is it the same as a plug or slot weld?  I think the rectangular symbol at the horizontal line at the symbol and a note at the tail giving the diameter and spacing.  I can’t find this information.
Any help?
Thanks Joe

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)
Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.
Civil Engineering and Surveying
P.O. Box 3924
Sedona, AZ  86340
PHONE (928) 282-1061
FAX (928) 282-2058



The information transmitted is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary,
business-confidential and/or privileged material.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message you
are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission,
dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken
in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect
the views of the company.