From: Tom Skaggs [mailto:tom.skaggs(--nospam--at)apawood.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:46 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: weld symbol

http://www.welding.com/weld_symbols_welding_symbols.shtml

See item 3-29 on this webpage...

Tom

From: Joe Grill [mailto:jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:06
To: seaint
Subject: weld symbol

What is the correct weld symbol for a ½” dia. spot weld used to attach metal deck to a steel support.  Is it the same as a plug or slot weld?  I think the rectangular symbol at the horizontal line at the symbol and a note at the tail giving the diameter and spacing.  I can’t find this information.

Any help?

Thanks Joe

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.