Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: weld symbol

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I don't think I've ever called it out using a weld symbol.  Normally it gets placed as a note, often referring back to the deck schedule (where it gives the size/spacing of the puddle weld for the various conditions - lap, end, corner...).

Joe Grill wrote:

What is the correct weld symbol for a ½” dia. spot weld used to attach metal deck to a steel support.  Is it the same as a plug or slot weld?  I think the rectangular symbol at the horizontal line at the symbol and a note at the tail giving the diameter and spacing.  I can’t find this information.


Any help?


Thanks Joe


Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.

Civil Engineering and Surveying

P.O. Box 3924

Sedona, AZ  86340

PHONE (928) 282-1061

FAX (928) 282-2058




******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** * Read list FAQ at: * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********