From: David Topete [mailto:davetopete(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:16 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Diaphragm ratio for rigid diaphragm

Joe,
I don't know if you've found your answer yet, but the only thing I can see in the 2003 IBC is Sect 2305.2.5, which discusses rigid "wood" diaphragms.  Your garage doesn't meet that criteria...
I'd be curious how you resolve this, or if someone points you in a better direction.
HTH (but, probably didn't...)
DT

Joe Grill <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com> wrote:
Thanks,
Joe

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)
Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.
Civil Engineering and Surveying
P.O. Box 3924
Sedona, AZ  86340
PHONE (928) 282-1061
FAX (928) 282-2058
jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengerâ??s low PC-to-Phone call rates.