Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Welding nut to anchor rod[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Welding nut to anchor rod
- From: "Greene, Al [PTS]" <AGFO(--nospam--at)chevron.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 06:55:49 -0700
Title: Welding nut to anchor rod
The following sentence is on Page 14-10, of the Steel Construction Manual, 13th edition, in a paragraph about anchor rods: "The nut should be welded to the rod to prevent the rod from turning out when the top nut is tightened."
With respect to F1554-99 anchor bolts, does anyone know what the above statement is based on, i.e., theory, tests, opinion, what???
Thanks in advance.
Al Greene, PE, SECB
Chevron Richmond Refinery
841 Chevron Way, 244/Tech Center
Richmond, CA 94802
Phone: (510) 242-1788
Fax: (510) 242-2509
Pager: (510) 620-7315
- Prev by Subject: Re: Welding in Freezers
- Next by Subject: RE: Welding nut to anchor rod
- Previous by thread: Welding Symbols Reference - Thanks to Tom Skeggs
- Next by thread: RE: Welding nut to anchor rod