Re: Re: SMRF connection design

Bhairavi,

FEMA 350 shows 9 typical beam to column connections.  Some cities, like Los Angeles, may only accept a few of the 9 but I am unaware of any city that rejects all 9.  As example nearly all cities will accept the FEMA Reduced Beam Section (RBS) Connection.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Bhairavi " <bairu22(--nospam--at)rediffmail.com>
05/15/2006 01:03 PM
Please respond to seaint
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
Re: Re: SMRF connection design

I did refer to Fema. But some of the cities here in CA dont accept Fema. I was looking for something which refers to UBC 97. Thanks anyways.

On Mon, 15 May 2006 Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com wrote :
>Bhairavi,
>
>Search the web and download a copy of FEMA 350 and 353.
>
>Thomas Hunt, S.E.
>Fluor
>

>"Bhairavi " <bairu22(--nospam--at)rediffmail.com>
>05/14/2006 09:47 PM
>Please respond to seaint

>seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>cc
>
>Subject
>SMRF connection design
>

>All,
>
>Does anybody know of a good book for the reference on Special moment
>resisting frame panel zone shear and connection design ? Any help on this
>would be highly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.
>Cheers,
>Bhairavi
>

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>The information transmitted is intended only for the person
>or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary,
>business-confidential and/or privileged material.
>If you are not the intended recipient of this message you
>are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission,
>dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken
>in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received
>this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
>material from any computer.  Any views expressed in this message
>are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect
>the views of the company.

Cheers,
Bhairavi

the views of the company.