RE: SMRF connection design

I’m amazed that we want to stick with the old – UBC 97, as an example, when we have such a wealth of new information and documents to use.

AISC Seismic Provisions 2005 and AISC 358 - Prequalified Connections … come to mind.

Check the ATC’s CDs SAC_CD01-03 that contain the SAC Joint Venture research on these topics (this has background info on what is/has gone into these new standards).

Bob Shaw

SSTC