Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Curved Shear Wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Curved Shear Wall
- From: "Eli Grassley" <elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:07:48 -0700
Saw "expansion joint" lines down the length of it parallel to each other in the short direction at 6" - 9" oc and bend it. Plywood has a strong direction and a weak direction. Wetting it helps too. I don't think you'd want to do this with OSB. As long as you get the proper nail penetration at the studs you should have the same shear capacity, theoretically.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Curved Shear Wall
- Next by Subject: Re: Curved Shear Wall
- Previous by thread: Re: Curved Shear Wall
- Next by thread: RE: VE [OT: VME ?]