From: "Chris Towne" <ctowne(--nospam--at)chaptech.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Grout/Mortar in CMU
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:52:53 -0400

I have an 18' tall equipment building with reinforced 12" CMU walls.  The
contractor wants to use mortar to fill the CMU cores at reinforcement
locations instead of grout. Also, the mortar will have color added to match
the block (he just wants to use one mix for everything).  I've never had
this question asked before.  Any comments?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Towne, P.E.
Chapman Technical Group
200 Sixth Avenue