Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:22 PM
Subject: axial braking load for bridges

I have a old structural engineering manual and I thought I read in there that it said that bridge foundations need to be designed for an axial breaking load equal to 25% or 30% of the live load neglecting impact.  Is this right?  Where is this located in the AASHTO Bridge Design Specifications.

Thanks.
Scott.