From: "Harold Sprague" <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 12:12 AM
Subject: RE: Grout/Mortar in CMU

Number one he is wasting money.  Grout is cheaper than mortar especially if
it is colored.

Grout is very fluid.  It has to be to get into all of the spaces around the
rebar to provide an effective bond creating a composite section between the
CMU and rebar.  Mortar is stiff so that it can support the weight of the CMU
until it takes a set.  Mortar and grout have 2 different and distinct
functions.

You can't get properly mixed grout to hold a CMU in place, and you can't get
mortar to flow down the cells.

This is a bad idea.

Regards,
Harold Sprague