Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Bow String Truss[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Bow String Truss
- From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint03(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:33:22 -0500
Is there a standard rise to run ratio that most bow string trusses would use? I can’t find anything regarding this in my text books. I have a hanger with a 120 ft. clear span. I eyeball the truss height at 15-16 feet. It would take rental of a lift to verify it. I want to check the wind load on the building and would like to find a good approximation of the height. The truss is fabricated from pipe.
Thanks for any insight you may be able to give.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Bollman Truss
- Next by Subject: Re: Bow String Truss
- Previous by thread: RE: Attic ventilation from fans - to jet engines -- to steam locomotives :)
- Next by thread: Re: Bow String Truss