Re: Masonry Reference Advice

John:

What is your "goal" for your reference?  Do you want a textbook that
covers the basics plus some specifics?  Do you want a bunch of examples
and/or design tools with some practical, but somewhat limited specific
basics/theory?

The Masonry Designer's Guide is is a good practical tool.  It contains
design aides and examples.

For a true textbook, I like (and have used for teaching a masonry class)
"Masonry Structures: Behavior and Design" by Drysdale, et al.  It is
currently in the second edition, but the supposedly the 3rd edition is
close to being released.

I have the Reinforced Masonry Engineering Handbook, but I have not really
used it much (got it for Christmas), so I am not fully in a position to
comment on it.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI