RE: Any file to Excel (was PDF to Excel)

John:

I use the "snap shot" as Aswin Rangaswamy suggested, only when I want to import from PDF.

However you can import ANY file into Excel or most of other applications (app.).

In order to do this your OP system has to windows XP (prof. or home ed.).

Here's how to do it:

1- Open the file that you want to import it to Excel or other app. Set your "zoom" on standard 100%.

2- Press "Print Scrn SysRq" button on your keyboard. This button is one of those "Forgotten"  buttons that we used to use them for printing files, back in 1980's when DOS was the main OP system. Set your "zoom" on standard 100%.

3- Open Excel ( or word or AutoCAD or any app.)

4- Press two key board buttons of "Ctrl" and "V" at the same time.

5- Now the image is pasted into your Excel (or any other app.) file. Right click on the image and select "Show Picture Toolbar"

6- On the "Picture Toolbar" click on the "Crop" button. It's the icon in the center and it looks like 2 rotated L's.

7- Now "crop" the image or manipulate it the to the shape you want it.

Let me know if you have any question.

Best wishes

Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar, PE

California