Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:09 AM
Subject: Effect of Two Grade of Concrete on Flexural Reinforcement

Hi all!

Has anyone of you accepted heterogeneous beam construction using two grades of concrete?  Part of the beam (about 2/3 of its height) is poured with C60 and the rest of the beam (about 1/3 of its height) is poured with the slab using C45.  This construction method is suggested to speed up construction of a 50-storey building.  The beams were designed using C60.

Regards,

Best