Staad loading

A quick question for you staad fans, and probably a very easy one at that.

An engineer in one of our other offices is out on vacation.  He uses staad, where I don’t.  Anyway, a client of his has a question on some work he did, which I only have to verify the loading on the bottom chord of a truss.  The truss is a light pre-manufactured wood roof truss over a garage with an attic space.  The truss is going to be altered slightly and are at 24” spacing.  The client wishes to confirm that a 40psf load was used for the lower chord of the trusses.

I got the file from their office which included the staad output.  He used a load at the bottom chord as follows:

43. LOAD 3 FLOOR LIVE LOAD

44. MEMBER LOAD

45 3 UNI GY -.08

I’m assuming that this is a 40 psf live load at 2’ centers which is 80 plf or .08 klf.  I’m pretty sure that is right, but just checking.

Thanks,

Joseph R. Grill, PE