Purlin- which one is better?

Dear all,

Normally the design of cold formed purlin is carried out as continuous purlin. At the supports, the purlin is either overlapped or a separate sleeve purlin is used to cater for support moments, the length of which is dependent on point of contraflexure in both cases. Most of my clients specify that the purlin is to be sleeved rather than overlapped. My simple question is does it have any advantages? Is there any guideline that for a particular thickness or depth? Any design implications ?  Please share your views.

Sunil Thengale