Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: Plated Wood Truss Responsibilities

What I find (sadly) humorous is that if I'd offered full design services on the job, for what I will probably end up billing overall, I would most likely have not gotten the job. I like the architect personally, but he's pretty tight when it comes to getting outside engineering services. I  should say, in partial defense, that there are other large architectural firms in my area who just omit the engineering entirely and put "engineering by others" on their contract documents - at least this one calls for a bit of help when he's knows he's out of his depth.

*shrug*

What's really funny is that I'm good friends with one of the (non-PE) truss designers for this company, and he generally agrees that the whole TPI mess is, well, a bit of a mess.

Jordan

bcainse(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
Jordan-
Is that a new marketing technique?   [ROTFL]

Bill Cain, S.E.
Berkeley CA

Checked by AVG Free Edition.