1950's structural steel strength and rivet capacity

I am evaluating a series of roof trusses at an industrial plant for the application of new equipment on the roof.

The building was built in 1950.  Was Fy = 36ksi typical during that decade, or should I assume a lower grade steel is probably what is in place?  The chords and diagonals are both back to back angles.

The connections are 7/8" diameter rivets.  Does anyone have any reference data on the shear capacity of rivets for that time period?  Each rivet should be in double shear at the connections.

Thank you

Jerold

Do you Yahoo!?