From: rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com [mailto:rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com] Sent: May 24, 2006 3:20 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Sag-rod effectiveness?

Sag rods are designed only for tension. As long as the end connections and
the rod's cross section area can sustain the load in them, they should be
acceptable.

Rajendran

Sunil Thengale <Sunil_Thengale(--nospam--at)tigerprofiles.com> wrote:              Dear
all,
  For the cold formed purlins, I have seen in some projects that they have
used sag-rods which are prepared from slit coil waste-1.5mm thick and bent
to get a circular shape of 15-16mm dia, the joint being open say 2-3mm . The
ends of these sag rods have the clips (as in umbrella) to lock these rods in
purlins. How are these sag-rods compared to normal rods, angles etc?.  Are
they really effective? Any views will be highly appreciated.
Best Regards, Sunil Thengale