Re: Plated Wood Truss Responsibilities

Gary,
Maybe I misunderstood the situation. I thought this was about having the
truss supplier review field modifications for adequacy, not reviewing to
confirm correct installation.

I make money doing field reviews for owner/contractor and prefer that
the component manufacturers don't come to the site for "free".

On the other hand, I have had component manufacturers pay me to observe
conditions when their product is claimed to be deficient. I become their
legal veil, so to speak.

Regards
Paul

--