FW: "Decoration Day" [WAS: Lag screws...]

From: David Fisher [mailto:dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 1:51 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: "Decoration Day" [WAS: Lag screws...]

Nice post, Bill...

I agree...every Memorial Day, I make a special "extra" call to my father and
to his brothers...all WWII/Korea vets.

After catching up on what they are up to, I always say "Thank you"

Like the rest of their generation (and also to those who continue to do it
today), they put their lives on the line so we could enjoy all of the
benefits you list in this great country.

My wife and I went to see "United 93" yesterday...while not technically
soldiers, it was very uplifting to see ordinary Americans stand up and fight
back against cowardly terrorists when they all knew they faced certain
death.

When the movie was over, not a single person said a word as they walked out.

Very eerie; not unlike the time I saw "Saving Private Ryan" on the big
screen.

Maybe people were thinking about some of the things you mentioned.

David L. Fisher SE PE
Senior Director

372 West Ontario Chicago 60610
319 A Street Boston 02210