RE: Adoption of 1997 UBC (was: [SPAM] Re: Column to Column via End Plate)

First of all, sorry for not changing the subject line.

Now, to the point. If the code was changing, wouldn’t there be a push to get plans submitted prior to the adoption of a new code?

The reason I’m asking the question is that I’m having difficulty making an existing masonry wall work. Of course, I could be looking at it more conservatively than the original designer, but another possibility is that the original designer either did not design or understand (a phenomenon which was pretty common in the summer of ’99) the Bachman equations.

Thanks,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers