Re: ipe wood

Check out http://www.ironwoods.com/ComCSI.asp
Scroll down toward the botton and look for the "Mechanical Properties" section.

"Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net> wrote:
Does anyone out there have mechanical properties for Ipe wood?

I am looking at the USDA Wood Handbook General Technical Report FPL-GTR-113 which lists Static Bending Modulus of Rupture at 12% moisture as 25,400 psi which I suspect is an ultimate, unadjusted value.

I?m hoping someone has an adjusted value that I can run with.

Mark

Tripp