From: Joe Grill [mailto:jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 1:09 PM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Not a Structural Question, but maybe someone on this list can help

Bill,

Just a quick question (and not fire related), and I ask it only because I have a similar detail that I am looking at.  It appears that the joists are hanging from the top plate of the wall with top flange joist hangers.  What type of loading can the hangers be used for when they are offset from the edge of the top plate by the thickness of the GWB?

Just thought I’d ask.

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.