Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
HSS column splice[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: HSS column splice
- From: "Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:05:53 -0700
I'm doing a column splice detail. I'm told that lengths over 20' in a 5x5 tube steel aren't available around here. The splice will be just above a floor diaphragm, and I will be able to block the column into the floor framing pretty well. I’m considering using a sleeve from a section of HSS that is larger than the column section.
Anyway, will an HSS 5x5 fit inside an HSS 5.5x5.5x1/4 sleeve? Has anybody else out there done this?
Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)
Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.
Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Prev by Subject: RE: holdown at sherwall intersection
- Next by Subject: RE: HSS column splice
- Previous by thread: Strengthening Existing glulam
- Next by thread: Re: FPW - HSS column splice