Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: ASCE / IBC wind[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: ASCE / IBC wind
- From: "David Adie" <DavidA(--nospam--at)cplinc.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:08:44 -0700
in general i agree with you...
if a structure truly is simple, it qualifies for the "simplified procedure" of asce 6.4 for both mwfrs and c&c. that is a lot less painful than "analytical procedure" of asce 6.5.
From: Paul Feather [mailto:PFeather(--nospam--at)se-solutions.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:16 PM
Subject: ASCE / IBC wind
Is there a simplified method of wind design for ASCE 7 and IBC?
The UBC is (was) so much simpler to utilize without any loss of conservatism for most projects. We should be able to develop a simple method of wind analysis without all the gymnastics for simple structures.
Paul Feather PE, SE
- Prev by Subject: Re: ASCE / IBC wind
- Next by Subject: RE: ASCE / IBC wind
- Previous by thread: Re: ASCE / IBC wind
- Next by thread: RE: ASCE / IBC wind