Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: OOPS !![Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: OOPS !!
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:05:22 -0700
Remember when you were putting the Engineer's estimate together, and you were thinking, "How can this project ever cost so much??."
And when the bids come in, you were thinking, "How could I ever have estimated it so low??"
Generally, take your best estimate and double it! And take your best construction schedule and triple it! That'll get you in the ballpark.
From: Caldwell, Stan
Woodall Rodgers Freeway over
6 lanes, 2100 ft. total bridge length, including 1200 ft. center span
Original Not-to-Exceed Budget: $44.00M
Final Engineers Estimate: $51.89M
Bids Opened 06/08/06 (Three Bidders):
$122.44M Traylor Brothers
$113.27M Williams Brothers
- Prev by Subject: OOPS !!
- Next by Subject: Re: OOPS !!
- Previous by thread: OOPS !!
- Next by thread: Re: OOPS !!