Torsion due to wind

Greetings,

I am interested in knowing the code requirements for the 15% torsion case in ASCE 7-02.

Assume I have a building that is 300 ft long and separated by expansion joints at 100 ft and 200 ft. When I apply the torsional loading to the building based on ASCE 7-02, is the horizontal width 100 ft. or 300 ft. ?

In reality, the wind is going to hit the building and go around it but since the building is not connected (torsionally independent), would you penalize each 100 ft segment based on a 15% of 300 ft eccentricity?

Thanks
Anantha

ANANTHA NARAYAN, E.I.
Structural Engineer