RE: notes in general notes

I will "second" what Mark offers and add that the real reason to fully
read those specifications is to determine if you want ALL of it used plus
which options (when options are available) should be used.  This comment
is likely more applicable to an ACI reference specification like ACI 301.
There are items in ACI specifications that may not apply to your
particular project that you may want to "eliminate" so that you don't
confuse a contractor (i.e. Mr. Contractor calls and asks "Where is there
architectural exposed concrete with a 'blast finish' per ACI 301?" when
you don't have any architectural concrete), etc.  But Mark is also correct
in that many ACI specifications have "choices" (i.e. options) to make.

So, even if you do want to reference an ACI spec in your contract
documents, it is DEFINITELY a good idea to KNOW what it is that you are
referencing.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI